Did You Know?
- In 2014 the child poverty level in Detroit was 94,000 or 57% (National rate 22%)
- Detroit has the highest percentage of children living in poverty when compared to 52 large U.S. cities
- In Macomb County 17.9% of children live in poverty (Michigan percentage is 24.7%) -2012 data
- In Macomb County 29.5% of fourth-graders were not proficient in MEAP reading -2013 data
- 14.3% of children in Oakland county live in poverty-2013 data
NOW that you know join us by Branching Out To Help!